We have worked HARD this week deciding how we can best model our school's purpose to INVEST in learning. The students created and agreed on a set of norms they would follow to help us meet our learning goals this year.
Mrs. Kytta's class norms:
1) Focus on the speaker and think about what he/ she is saying.
2) Focus all of your energy on learning.
3) Show productive teamwork and hold each other accountable.
4) Turn in careful and complete work.
5) Keep conversations kind, on task, and grandma friendly.
Students our monitoring their commitment to these norms through self-assessment and making adjustments where needed.
Talk to your child about the norms they feel most successful with and the norms where they show the most room for growth.
Holding fast to these norms will allow us to truly invest in our learning in a safe and productive working environment.